- Ricardo Quaresma opened scoring for Porto with penalty
- Quaresma doubled lead following shocking error from Dante
- Neymar slotted Barcelona into the lead at the Parc des Princes
- Thiago Alcantara pulled goal back for Bayern Munich
- Jackson Martinez pounced on Jerome Boateng error to put Porto 3-1 up
- Luis Suarez muscles off PSG defence to double Barca lead
- Suarez nutmegged David Luiz to make it 3-0 to Barcelona
- Gregory van der Wiel pulled goal back for PSG with deflected strike
Paris Saint-Germain 1-3 Barcelona
Maybe it has something to do with the players after all. While their old boss, Pep Guardiola, struggled with his new group against Porto, Barcelona marched on. Tiki-taka endures, high pressing married to quite gorgeous technique still wins the day. And Luis Suarez has taken to it like a duck to water. What a wonderful player he is.
It was two goals from Suarez that ended this match as a contest, and arguably the tie, too – despite Paris St Germain’s late consolation. It is hard to imagine how, even with that little fillip, they can claw this back at Nou Camp, no matter how enormous their spirit.
Porto 3-1 Bayern Munich
Before this game German legend Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said he liked to turn up to Bayern Munich matches just to see what Pep Guardiola’s team do next. On this occasion, what the Bundesliga champions showed him was that occasionally even the best teams in the world can forget how to defend.
Three times Porto breached Bayern here on this remarkable night of Champions League football and on each occasions it was the fault of Guardiola’s players on a grand scale. It has been a while since we have witnessed anything like this and next week’s second leg in Bavaria should really be quite something.